Provided/Provided that/Providing that
These three subordinate conjunctions mean 'if.
Structure: Principal clause + provided/provided that/ providing that + sub +verb + other words.
Note: The 'verb' may be 'affirmative' or 'negative' according to the meaning of the given sentence.
- I shall pay your tuition fees provided....
I shall pay your tuition fees provided that you study properly.
- Farmers will get good crops providing....
Farmers will get good crops providing that heavy rainfall does not destroy the crops.
Relative Pronoun (who, which, that, what, where, when,
- I know the man who.... I know the man who came here yesterday.
- This is the book which.... This is the book which I am looking for.
- The man that/whom.......is my uncle.
The man that/whom you saw is my uncle.
- We live in Dhaka where...
We live in Dhaka where you will see many high-rise buildings.
The Conditionals (If)
If +Present +Future
Structure: If+ sub + verb(present)+other words +sub+ verb (future)+ other words.
- If you work hard...
If you work hard you will prosper.
- We won't go out if...
We won't go out if it rains.
B. 2nd Conditional
If+ Past + would/could/might