এইচএসসি - ইংরেজি ২য় পত্র
Complete the sentences with suitable phrases/words given in the list.
[ as soon as, what does...look like, what if, what’s it like, It, had better, was born, let alone, have to, would rather. ]
- Deforestation is a matter of great concern. We ______ take immediate steps against cutting down trees at random.
- To tell a lie is a great sin. We ______ die than tell a lie. Otherwise none will believe us.
- Helmet should be used while driving a motorcycle. ______ you were driving your bike and met a serious accident?
- ______ swimming in the sea? It seems to be very heroic to me.
- ______ mother heard the news, she cried loudly. She lost her child in a car accident.
- Rome was not built in a day. ______ took a long time and hard labour to build this city.
- Rahman is a poor man. He cannot buy a shirt, ______ a car.
- Kazi Nazrul Islam is our rebel poet. He ______ in Churulia of West Bengal.
- Rina’s dress looks very dirty. It is old enough. She ______ buy a new dress.
- Rana: Hi, Robi ______ a peacock ______ ? Robi: It’s a very nice bird. It knows how to dance.
Answer: a. have to; b. would rather; c. What if; d. What’s it like; e. As soon as; f. It; g. let alone; h. was born; i. had better; j. what does...look like?