Time : 2 Hour, 30 Minutes Full Marks : 100
Read the text and answer the questions 1, 2, 3 & 4.
Sima : Hello! May I introduce myself? I'm Sima.
Jessica : Hi! I'm Fessica.
Sima : Where are you going, Jessica?
Jessica : I'm going to Chittagong. I'm on holiday with my Father.
Sima : Really? Where are you from?
Jessica : I'm from the United Kingdom. Are you from dhaka?
Sima : No, I'm from Sylhet. That's where we're going Our train is leaving in 10 minutes.
Jessica : Have a good Journey.
Sima : Thank you. Nice meeting you, Jessica. Have fun in Chittagong
Jessica : Thanks. Nice meeting you, too, Sima.
1. Match the words of Column A with their meaning that is mentioned in the text in the Column B. (There are extra word which you need not use) 1x5=5
2. Read the following statements. Write (T) in your answer script if the statement is true. Write (F) if the statement is false. If false, give the correct answer. 1x6=6
a. Jessica is going to Rangamati.
b. She is enjoying holiday.
c. Slie is accompanied by her mother.
d. The Sylhet bound train is leaving in 10 minutes.
e. Sima is happy meeting Jessica.
f. Jessica is from the United states.
3. Answer the following questions in a sentence or sentences. 12
a. Hwo do Sima and Jessica introduce themselves?
b. What do you know about Sima from the dialogue?
c. What do you know about Jessica?
d. Write in three sentences?
e. Where is Jessica going?
f. Who lives in the United Kingdom?
g. Hwo does Sima wish Jessica?
4. Write 5 sentences about `Yourself' by answering the following question. 10
(a) What's your name?
(b) How old are you?
(c) What do you do?
(d) What is your father's name?
(e) What's your hobby?
Read the text and answer the questions 5, 6, 7 & 8.
It is December and the season is winter. Mita's school is closed after the annual examination. Mita and her family have come near a forest for a picnic. Mita has brought her pet dog Tommy too. It is a nice sunû day. They have spread a mat under a big tree. Mita's father, Aminul Huq is helping her mother, Sahera Banu. He is taking out the food from the basket, Sahera Banu has prepared pitha, khichuri, chicken, and potato chips for the picnic. She is pouring water from a bottle into the glasses. Mita is running around and playing with Tommy. Tommy loves to play with balls. Mita throws a ball and Tommy catches it up in his mouth. He brings it back to Mita. Her sister Minu likes wild flowers. She has a small basket in her hand. She is plucking flowers. Everybody is happy. They are having fun.
5. Fill in the gaps with the best word from to the Find the information in the story. There are extra words which you need not use. 1x5=5
family/ uncle/ loves/ dog/ works/ day/ mat/ office
a. It is a nice ..........
b. Mita and her ........ are having a picnic.
c. They have spread a ........ under a tree.
d. Her pet ........ Tommy is with them.
e. Tommy .......... to play with bail.
6. Read the following statements. Write (T) in your answer script if the statement is true. Write (F) if the statement is false. If false, give the correct answer. 1x6=6
a. It is the first month of the year.
b. It is winter.
c. Tomy is the name of the pet cat.
d. A mat has been spread.
e. Aminul Haque is Mita's uncle.
f. Suhera Banu is Mita's anut.
7. Answer the following questions in a sentence or sentences: 10
a. Why have Mita and her family come near a forest?
b. What is the name of Mita's pet dog?
c. What is the name of Mita's father?
d. What has Mita's mother prepared for the picnic?
e. What is Minu doing?
8. Suppose, you are Mita. You enjoyed a picnic, Now, write a letter to your friend Sima describing the picnic. 10
[Here are some words to help you: date, address, salutation, main points for the letter, closing Remember to write at least 6 sentences, use capital letters, full stops and correct spelling.]
9. Make WH questions from the following underlined statements. 2x5=10
a. I'm Sima.
b. They enjoyed listening to him.
c. I'm going to Chittagong.
d. They come to the club to practice speaking English.
e. The next day was awful.